You could say I've been a little distracted this week.
The SUN finally came out!
After all the rain, I just wanted to go out and see the grass grow.
DH, Paul's Sprinklers are all working now and he is very pleased with himself.
The trenches will fill in with the sprinkle of seed he put out.
I don't really have time to Play outside and the grandsons didn't come to tempt me this week.
So, Why am I distracted?
Well, I am putting away the stuff I brought home from the Weekend at Trends.
I find stuff I forgot to share and then you know... I had to PLAY with it!
My Kit from the Take n Teach class with Abbey Lane Quilts
Playing with the layout
Directions are different for this one. Not quite like "Buggy Barn"
How random do I want it to be?
Hmmmm, this one will have to marinate a little.
As if I don't have enough to distract me-
I saw that Ann Hazelwood has a new series out and I picked one up at Trends.
No, I haven't cracked it open ---yet!
I'm still reading my Jennifer Chiaverini book "Christmas Bells"
Read about it HERE.
I know it's closer to EASTER, I can't put it down, the historical fiction gets me.
I haven't forgotten about my quilting of the "Honor Star" on "Betsy".
I found more of the Block patterns in my Buttercup Feather file.
I hadn't uploaded all of them to the Quilt-sew-Clever.
I like that I can scale it to fit the space, even if it isn't square.
Two more corners to quilt and the bottom border.
The side borders will be done after I turn the quilt.
It's more work but worth it to me.
Gotta get it done before the class in June.
Fabrics are "Thyme with Friends" by Kris Lammers for Maywood.
with a little of my "Fresh Lilacs" from Debbie Beaves
It's almost here...

I'll be making Hearts and Flowers Blocks with my Guild friends.
No better way to spend the day.
Thanks for reading to the end.
I have more to share from Trends so keep watching the BLOG and commenting.
I Blog for Comments, LOL





After reading your post I glanced over at your monthly block count and I completely lost my train of thought about the post. Is that really how many blocks you made each month?!?
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are having fun. I LOVE quilt fiction and that's about the only genre I have time to ready anymore. I can't read real books though, has to be on my Kindle or phone app. I read while I walk! I look forward to more of your goodies.
ReplyDeleteFab Five Remix looks like a super fun quilt! Go ahead Mary, step away from the comfort zone and go for random. :) It will be fun.
ReplyDeleteI love audio books while I sew and will have to research this author.
Have a fabulous National Quilting Day!!!
I did not know about the new series of books from Ann Hazelwood. I read all of the previous books though they were somewhat unbelievable with the ghostly things happening.
ReplyDelete