Monday, July 4, 2016

Design Wall Monday - Quilting at the Beach

After my Retreat we headed to the Beach.  
The quilting project I took to do was a Fun one.
I didn't need to take my Sewing machine.
I saw an example at the Trunk Show Maggie Ball did in April.
She calls it "Reverse Stenciling".
I cut out Beach-y shapes from the Freezer paper and pressed them on to 8" squares.
When we got to the beach, the morning of the 2nd day, I taped the fabric to the plastic tablecloth.
I bought Textile Medium and mixed it into the paint.
Paper Cups and Make-up sponges made it less messy than brushes.
I took fabric markers and some used them instead of paint.
I have some very creative family members.
It took a while to get everyone to get their blocks done. 
Beach time, a Deep Sea fishing trip, Flying Kites and family FUN came first.
A couple were sneaky and didn't get their picture taken.

Only one was sad she couldn't take her picture home. 

I put the 1st set on the car to dry.
Starfish, little and Big Stars, jelly fish, crabs and some mermaids.
I will have fun putting these together with the beach-y fabric I got.
The blue tape covered where the seam allowance will be.
I am glad for my willing family indulging my Quiltiness along with the Beach fun.
I hope it doesn't take another 7-28 years for us to gather again.
This is the picture my #2 son took of me. 
That's what I get for handing him my camera phone.

Linking up with Judy L HERE

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got pictures of my boys doing their quilt squares! They do look very creative. And Derek's little smile is priceless! I'm pretty sure mine will be the most boring square on the quilt... 😮 the trip was so fun! Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful project to commemorate a family beach trip! That quilt will be an heirloom for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever idea for making a remembrance of your time as a family at the beach.
    I look forward to seeing the finished blocks with your beach themed fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the project went well! I look forward to seeing it altogether :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for bringing the fun project.
    Pretty sure I know which girl wanted to bring hers home...
    I hope it's not 7-28 years until we all vacation again either!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com