My last couple weeks of JUNE were a bit over scheduled.
I went to Leavenworth on a Quilt Retreat with my WASIQ Friends.
I didn't just drive directly...I took the scenic route.
The Lind shop is not too far from Connell, one of our old Stomping grounds.
I've heard lots of good things about "The Crazy Quilter"
They were all TRUE.
A Quilt Shop/Retreat center in the beautiful wheat lands of Washington.
Affordable with many nice amenities ie: indoor Hot tub, Sauna, massage table.
I forgot to take a Picture at Odessa's "Experience Quilts"
I inquired how far to the next shop on the way to Grand Coulee and Leavenworth.
In Almira was a sweet shop called Nana's.
Next to Nan's row is Kissed Quilts Row from Grand Coulee
These out of the way shops are sure to be a blessing for those who live out in the
Dry Farm wheat lands. I was wishing they were a lot closer to me.
Waterville was also on the way to Retreat
Next up was the Craft Warehouse in Wenatchee
I sewed through Lunch and got 3 rows started at Leavenworth.
I collected Kits more this year. They include many little buttons and cute stuff.
I thought it would be easier to make them without having to take more of my STASH along.
These, I thought, would be 'easy' rows. NOT!!!
Ran out of one fabric, had to re-cut the FG for the houses and itty tiny letters to cut out.
When in Leavenworth, the Row from there was a must.
They are making a series of their rows, I missed last years.
I went with a few friends.

Bothell,Woodburn and Monroe
They are doing a row for 4 months to make this cute quilt.. I got the top row.
Then it was on to my HOMETOWN again, Moses Lake - "Country Fabrics"
Their resident Parrot is featured. And all my collected Rows & kits from 1st week.
I had a fun time at Retreat
It was cut short because my kids came to spend the week-end before our Family Reunion.
Grandkid snuggles sometimes come before Quilt Retreat time.
Paul was very kind to stop en route to our Family Beach Vacation.
He even stopped at a couple places on the way home.
I was asleep and missed stopping for the 2 Beaverton rows.
I'll share them next time.












What are you going to do with all of those rows--and license plates?
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a really good time. : )
What? No picture with my finger in it? :) I'm glad we got to get together even if it was shorter than it was suppose to be. I'm looking forward to seeing your finish!
ReplyDeletewow, you have made a haul so far! I have 3, got the third one today, but no time to sew them. Too many machine quilting projects to get done. I don't collect the license plates.
ReplyDeleteGreat retreat time - that is a good reason for buying the kits. They are just so expensive here! Thanks for showing all the rows, especially that darling one that will be such a cute small quilt or baby quilt. I love that! The license plate are great! Love the green one.
ReplyDelete