Wednesday, August 30, 2017

WOW Wednesday - 1st Day of the 2017 Walla Walla Fair & Frontier Days

Well, What I'll be Working on the rest of this week is...
Watching the Quilts at the Fair & All the People walking by in the Pavilion.

It's my 5th and FINAL Year 
This is where I will be found most of the time.
See that White table?  On the other side is my Sewing Table- waiting for my Sewing machine
This is the PVC Rack my DH; Paul made to display the smaller Quilts
There were so many we had to go and put in another 32" to hold more.
I still needed to use my other Quilt Racks.
 These will have to hold you over until I add pictures of the Winning Quilts.

2013 - I sewed my Pickle Dish Blocks
cut-off bonus triangles and squared them to 1 1/2"
2014 - I worked on a demo-ed a Tutorial from Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Company
& made enough blocks for two Little Buckaroo Quilts.
2015 - was the year of 4-Patch I made 147 of them with help from the fair-goers
2016 year I did a Bed-Turning and sewed the 4-Patches with Siggy Blocks.


The THEME for 2017
"Honor the Past - Look to the Future"
I've tried to think of something new and different to do---
Build a Block is what I've decided to try.
I'm taking my Go Baby Accuquilt to cut the squares.
I will have the Fair-Goers choose squares to make 9-Patch Blocks for a Local Charity.
I will sew them between the other stitches.
I have a Border to attach and some Tula Pink Blocks that need sashing, too.

Have a Great WEDNESDAY!
I'll be at a Concert Tonight with Josh Turner and Ned Ledoux, who will start out the night.

I'm very GRATEFUL for all who have Volunteered to help me this year.

1 comment:

  1. The display looks great! Sorry to delay the winning quilt picture post. See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com