Monday, September 11, 2023

I Remember...



I remember!  I was not in New York City, Washington DC, or Pennsylvania...but my heart broke for those who suffered because of where they were that morning.  I was alone in my house in Burbank glued to the Television.  My 2nd son; Joseph and his wife; Kori had just returned from Seattle on their Honeymoon to see a Mariner's game.  I thought about how lucky that they were not stranded in Seattle.  All of the Airports had their planes grounded for days after.  Who knew if there would be more attacks.  
In the 22 years since I've seen as the brave Young men and Soldiers have come and gone as they were deployed to fight in foreign lands.  I was proud of those from my family that chose to be Soldiers.  I didn't want Jeffery to enlist a few years later but he felt such patriotism, that he told me he was enlisting and there wasn't anything I could do about it.

The Song; The Star Spangled Banner's last verse says:

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
This is what we heard at our LDS General Conference the Month after the attacks:
Regarding September 11th, I believe President Gordon B. Hinckley said it best in his October 2001 General Conference address
“Peace may be denied for a season…But God our Eternal Father will watch over this nation and all of the civilized world who look to him…Our safety lies in repentance. Our strength comes from obedience to the commandments of God.

“Let us be prayerful. Let us pray for righteousness. Let us pray for the forces of good. Let us reach out to help men and women of goodwill, whatever their religious persuasion and wherever they live. Let us stand firm against evil, both at home and abroad. Let us live worthy of the blessings of heaven, reforming our lives where necessary and looking to him, the Father of us all. He has said, 'Be still, and know that I am God'."

I've been told when the Prophet speaks the Debate is over.  I'm grateful to be able to go to Church today and worship in this Free country, the United States of America.  There is a Prophet on the Earth today and he speaks for the Lord in our Day.  His name is Russel M. Nelson.  President Boyd K. Packer invoked a blessing on us as parents in the States of Washington and Alaska to whom he spoke in our Stake Conference, 10 years after 9-11 via Satellite Broadcast from the Conference Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm so grateful for this Blessing today.

NOTE: The Comments aren't broken, I chose to not have any on this Post... 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com