I had a long Quilting day and got the Charisma Workshop Quilt from last March Quilted.
Oh how my feet hurt!
It only took a year. 😆
It still needs Binding and labeled.
Just a few photos until the full TaDa at Quilt Show.
I bought 2 Gray Backings so that worked.
The Quilting pattern is called China Grove!
I was rocking to the Doobie Brothers!
Youtube Here
I love the swirly texture!
Getting better at the spacing.
ILl have a few nights of Stitching the binding and putting on the temporary split hanging sleeve.
Embroidery on the label to do.
It's only 9 months late now.
Day 5 of IGQUILTFEST
Why do I Quilt?
That makes want to tell a story.
There was this challenge in 2011! I entered it! In the end, I wasn't the final winner, but I still have the experience and Friends and Memories. I have had jobs at places that don't exist anymore. When I quilt i can make something that wasn't there before. My Quilts will still be here long after I am gone. I have a few Quilts my Grandma put stitches in. I don't have a record of how many she made. I just know that whenever she visited us when I was small, there was an event that needed a Quilt. My mom said a house need a living room big enough to put up a Quilt Frame. My Creativity is how I spend the lonely days after all the children left our home to make lives of their own. I am grateful to see my Quilts in their homes after I gifted them Thanksgiving 2024. Now I'm quilting for a new generation, I have Great grandchildren to keep me busy making quilts. Sew many Quilts in my head, so much pretty fabric and patterns to use. The biggest joy is seeing the finished Quilt hanging outside before the gifting or in a Quilt Show. It's the TA-DA moment. I did it All Myself!
Every Quilt really does tell a Story!
Day 6 Quilty Fashion
I love matching my Quiltville Mystery with a
T-shirt from Zazzle.
ThT reminds me I haven't ordered the one for
Lupine and Laughter.
Happy FriYay!






China Grove is a very pretty quilting pattern!
ReplyDeleteWe all come to quilting via our own journey. I always said I would never be a quilter, because watching my mother take all those tiny stitches made me want to do anything but that. It looked tedious to me. LOL We should never say "Never!"