Monday, October 5, 2009

DESIGN WALL 10-5-09

Here is Colby's Quilt. I used the ABC panel squares in the D9P and made this the center. It needs a few borders. First will be a thin black border to frame it then I'm thinking of 3-D flying Geese. I found the fence fabric for another border. We will see what the quilt tells me to do next. And I welcome any comments or ideas here. I'll be checking Judy L's Borders on her BLOG for more border ideas. Meanwhile go check out other Design Walls linked from her blog... She challenged us to "Show our Stash" and since I couldn't do much else while watching General Conference, I emptied a BUNCH of fabric bolts and totes and folded the fabric using the 'ruler' method. I took a picture of the empty bolts, but that is pretty boring so visualize a BIG stack [60] of them. A LOT of fabric fits in the space now! I see many new quilts in there...but I need to finish a few other UFOs first. I have a little room to add one more stack, when I find another place for my basting spray and canned air stuff. I'll be chanting Dorothy's mantra from Stashbusters... "I MUST not start anything new..."

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful stash! I have a lot of work to do on mine. I am just hoping that my end-of-year pictures are better than the current ones, and that I can make some real progress in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a change - I remember your before picture with the bolts, etc.

    I also switched to the ruler method and it does make everything neater as well as being able to get more in the stash.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a change - I remember your before picture with the bolts, etc.

    I also switched to the ruler method and it does make everything neater as well as being able to get more in the stash.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that stash closet is a work of art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com