Thursday, October 29, 2009

SBS BOW week ending November 1st

Here is my Block of the Week for my SBS group. D-1 Hands All Around. I made this one mostly by hand. Hand stitching doesn't hurt my wrist. Not the easy way at all but better than all those 'y' seams. I used some of the blue fabric from my Blue & Brown Swap blocks I made. I now have 34 Blocks left to make and I'm all done with the Scrappy version of the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. I have a lot of Paper-pieced Blocks left. Lynn encouraged me NOT to leave all of the PP blocks until the end, but alas here I am near the end with a bunch of them to do. I should be proficient at Paper Piecing by the time I finish them all. I've been slowed down by my wrist, but am determined to keep on using it a little so it doesn't get stiff. I'm such a wimp! In my spare time I've been re-reading "The Master Quilter". It is the Book where the story behind the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler is told.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com