Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Trick or Treat Tag

I was tagged by my dear Daughter 'by love' #3 so here are my 5 tips and a treat just in time for Halloween. Tip #1 I learned this one from my Mother 'by love'. When baking a layer cake, grease the pan with you butter wrapper and sprinkle some of the cake mix for the 'flour'. On Chocolate cakes especially, there isn't the white flour on the edges when you turn it out. Tip #2 Write the date on the light bulbs you replace often, with a permanent marker to check how long they last. Tip #3 Make a picture calendar with pictures of the people who have birthdays or anniversaries by month. Write the Family Birthdays in so no-one forgets. Tip #4 Use a squeegee in the shower to take the excess water off the surface. Tip #5 On picture frames with two hooks on the back, use a piece of wire through both and hang from the center so you only have to make one nail hole to hang it. If you do it tight enough the wire doesn't even show behind the frame. See the Collage Picture here. Treat: Quick Minestrone Soup 1 med onion chopped 2 cloves garlic, chopped 1/2 pound hamburger 5 slices bacon, sliced and cooked 15 oz Spaghetti sauce (Hunts) 6 cups water 1-2 stalks celery, chopped 2-3 carrots, peeled and chopped 2 cups cabbage, chopped 1 teas salt 1/4 teas pepper 2 small zucchini, chunked 1 16 oz can kidney beans 1/2 cup shell macaroni 1 T chopped parsley 1 T chopped oregano Brown the meat with the garlic and onion. Add next 8 ingredients and bring to boil. Simmer 30 minutes. Add zucchini, stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer 30 more minutes. Serve with Parmesan cheese and hard rolls. Great for the chilly nights ahead... I tag anyone who reads this... I'm a softie! I won't make you do it...

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com