
I chose the sashing fabric and it ended up being the fabric that Lynn had two bolts of. I tried to buy a third bolt of it in Portland last month when we were there. I'm happy with the way it is looking with all the varied background fabrics that I'm using in this quilt. I like the scrappiness of it all. So, when I get back to sewing at Lynn's this week I can get more blocks sewn together with at least the vertical sashings. Meanwhile I'm doing some un-sewing and fixing a few blocks that needed different fabrics in them because of where they go in the quilt. Lynn is cutting out blocks for me to sew on at home. She cut all my sashing strips for me and I'm thankful that she could do that for me. The wrist is ok, but I can't quit using it completely and keep messing it up when I take the brace off for even a little while. It's kinda hard to wash hair left-handed too. I can deal with it, other friends and family have much worse health issues than a hurt wrist. My prayer-bones are getting sore for a good reason...
We enjoyed some time this weekend with our family - playing games at Milton and Christen's Friday night, I think I won the game too...
Lydia has her quilt on the double bed in her room now!

And I got a picture of Jared's on his bed. Sorry it is sideways...had to raise the camera way up above my head to get the shot of the top bunk.

Colby's Quilt is still in the works. It won't take as long as from May and June to get to him, I hope. I need to put the borders on it and am thinking some 3-D flying geese would be good. Pictures of that work in progress will be on my Design Wall Monday post.
I enjoyed not having to leave home to enjoy Conference. Paul had to work Saturday so I watched it solo. While watching since I couldn't write and take notes, I re-folded the fabric in my Stash closet. I found some fabric with farm animals on it that will work for Colby's quilt.
Thanks to Janessa for making my day calling me when she heard Elder Bednar speaking. Joe brought Colby and Sam over to visit Saturday evening. He went to the Priesthood session with his father, they were late, but that was better than not going. Colby is a good helper with Sam. He doesn't know this Grandma too well. I was busy keeping them entertained and didn't take any pictures. Hope Kori got some needed rest. We love all of our family and hope they had a good Conference week-end with their families. I remember having our picnics between sessions when all the kids were home. AHHHH, the memories.
Looking at Lydia's Quilt I think I need to make another one for ME!
ReplyDelete