Monday, May 16, 2011

Design Wall Monday- May 16, 2011


My UFO #9 is on my Design Wall Monday Post this week.  I loaded it on the Quilt table after I took the Pictures so it is ready to finish this week.  I started this quilt when it was Election Time 3.5 years ago.  The number of Delagate votes counted are written on each Star with the names of each of the States.  In the colors of Republican or Democrat, according to the voting results.  I found this State flag fabric to use for the backing and added a solid white border around to attach it to the leaders better. I know the backing doesn't really match in color, but it's the BACK afterall... I will bind it in a solid RED fabric.
My question is what to quilt on it?  I'm thinking of some different Stars stitched with white thread
Go HERE to see more Design Walls at Judy Laquidara's Blog- Patchworktimes.

4 comments:

  1. I remember when everyone made those quilts - was it on stashbusters? I think stars in white would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to make one of these. I have so many patterned fabrics I wonder how it would look with solids for points and the pattern like a floral for the white. Hmmmm.

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes...it has to have star quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com