Thursday, May 12, 2011

SBS Round Robin -4th Round

I've completed my SBS Round Robin that I have needed to get done with the SBS and Other Elm Creek Quilts Yahoo group. I have it on my UFO list as # 10-A.  Mine came home in February so I was way behind on this one. You can click the link to see it!  I have a displeasure of Paper-piecing and it has kept me stumped and discouraged.  I'm happy with the result in spite of my use of the old 'frogging' tool.  I found some interesting things in doing this 1/4 Mariner's Compass.  That's the reason I like to do the challenges - to learn, right?  If you sew them like this (see 1st Picture)...They don't fit right, but mimic the center of the quilt.
Here is how the quilt looks with the 1/4 Mariner's Compasses attached.  I noticed on the pattern book that we are using by Jennifer Chiaverini that I should have switched the green and gold points to be different than the center. I went and viewed the folder on the SBS Group and saw that I am not the only one who matched the center position of the points.  I am so glad to put this one in the mail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com