Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom's in my Life

I have many Mom's in my life! My mom who gave me life first of all. She was always serving her family, Church and Community. I try as much as I can to emulate her goodness. I could never list all of her talents, they are multi-fold! She taught me most of them when I was home from school ill. Being sick wasn't as bad when she got to stay home from work with me and teach me. My mother went back to work when I was only 22 days old. I remember the chocolate covered graham crackers, coloring books, and vicks vaporub under the tent made by draping a sheet over my bed. I was reminded Friday of the times I got to sing and TRY to harmonize "You Are My Sunshine". What a sweet memory to have. She had our whole family sing in Church once "There is an Hour of Peace and Rest". She loved to sing. I found I don't have enough pictures of me with my MOMMA. Here is one of me and her after I graduated from High School. She didn't have the chance to graduate. She married my father when she was 16. I was her baby and I admit I was spoiled rotten! My sister says I had a different mom than she had. She left us soon after I became a Mom. So if you tire of me asking for pictures with your children, my grandchildren, I have no apologies! Many of the things I say, she said and I've tried to remind my children of her and what she taught me. I hope they never forget what a beautiful person she truly was.
My Mom's Mother was an example of service too. She served all of her 97 years. I feel privileged to have her name. The name has passed on to a 4th generation now. She listened to my teenage worries and tried to help me on my journey through those dreadful times. I loved having her come and stay with me and get to know my children. Each time she came she left us better people. She complimented my linen closet one time, how I folded my towels just so. She always said, about my choice of a Husband..."He's a Peach of a guy". She never let me forget how "lucky" I was.

I have a great Mother, by Love! Her Birthday is the day after mine, the same day as my Grandma Waite. She has been there since my mother passed away. She doesn't seek for attention. I am so grateful she was there for me in my child bearing years. She taught me how to be a better Mom. I am thankful that Paul and his siblings share her with me.

I have had substitute mom's in my life too. The women who were my mom's sisters, friends and my Babysitters, many who are no longer with us. Some were my Visiting Teacher Partners and Relief Society Sisters. They often shared a listening ear and a willing heart to serve.

 I honor the MOM's in my life who have made me a Grandma! It's so much fun to be a grandma and hold a little new baby now and then... to give them a quilt that I made just for them. I remember G-ma Zora telling me how much she enjoyed the one on one time with each of her grandchildren. I understand why she said that now. 17 is a daunting number of children to entertain all at once. I love each one, and wish I could HUG you wherever you are today! I have had many "Happy Mother's Days". I have to mention few that stand out. One year, I came home from a PTA Covention and Paul had planted roses in our front yard in Umatilla, 6 of them, one for each of our children. He likes to remind me I'm NOT his Mother. The year Joseph returned from his Mission and talked on Mother's Day. That year I made corsages for all of us MOM'S. Thanks to the many Wards I lived in I've had many Long Stemmed Roses with bent stems and potted plants that withered and died. This year we get FUDGE!

I don't require all the fancy jewelry they show on TV. This year I'll feel lucky to get a few phone calls. I saw 4 of the 6 last week-end...I hope my children show honor to the Mom's at their own house.

Last of all I have to plug this quilt. It's a Gift for my Only Sister who is a great MOM! Made by me to honor my Momma. She once told me: "If you don't vote for yourself, how do you expect to win?" I can't Vote more than once a day and I need all my family and friends to click the link every day until May 25th and VOTE. I know I'm dreaming, but I have to dream. VOTE.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day!!! You taught me to be a good Mom and I am grateful for that!!! I love you, Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy mother's day! Janessa beat me to comment, so now I have to think of something else to say. Ditto.
    You were/are/will be the best mom a girl could ask for. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com