Monday, July 2, 2012

Design Wall Monday, July 2, 2012

 In preparation for today's Design Wall because it is JULY- I took my Bow Ties out to try a Layout for them on Lynn's Big Design Wall.  I have two blank spaces in there because they needed to be fixed.  12 rows of 18 Bow ties arranged in one of the many possible variations. It looks like somebody threw up on the wall to me.


Lynn thought I'd need more so she sat and cut from her scrap bag - 46 more Bow ties that I stitched up while sewing my Tester blocks.  The second photo are ones from scraps at the SEW-in that I went to Saturday. Lynn suggested that I alternate a solid block to make this bigger.  We shall see.

TOTAL BOWTIES - July 2012
275
Thanks to Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville for the Bow Tie Challenge.  These are totally addictive.  I think it ends later this month. 

Pam A of Quilting and Stuff by Knitoid is on the Red White and Blue Blog Hop and asked me to 'test' her block.  Her day is July 11th. Links to the BLOG HOP are over on her BLOG.

I wasn't going to show my Block---
I messed up the order on the bottom two parts so this one isn't how she designed -FAILED that Test! 
See why I don't prefer to Paper- Piece???

So What is on Your Design Wall this first Monday in July?  Go see more HERE.

7 comments:

  1. That is a busy design wall! I think putting a solid sashing between groups of four blocks would give the eye a rest. Maybe even try some grouping by color. I love a scrappy quilt, and this is definitely that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The RWB block was less tester problems and more pattern problems. But I've completely solved it -- I've picked another block to do since I couldn't get my center to match and I'm not fond of paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like that quilt. I think little borders around some sets of blocks does sound nice though.
    I like that tester block. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see what you mean now --based on your comments on Sat. I like the idea of a square inbetween, or grouping with like corners might have a similar effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if you get some time to play with your bow tie blocks you can find an arrangement you like better. Sashing, alternate blocks, groups or stripes of blocks with solid fabric in between could all give it some order. I'm impressed with how many you've sewn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of fun going on at your place!
    What about if you make all the ties going in the same direction?? I think it makes a great scrap quilt, you just need to find the arrangement that you like the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sometimes when blocks look so disorganized--just the stitching together and the seams done make it look so different. The suggestion of turning them all the same way sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com