Saturday, July 28, 2012

Civil War Blocks and some Namedropping...

 I went to Lynn's on Monday cut out these Blocks. I knew my sewing time would be limited with the plans for the week.  Looking at them on the computer, I see an OPPS on the top right block.  Time to un-sew and fix that before I add them to the Flicker site.
 Dixie Tea Leaf, Christmas Star, Port and Starboard, Whitehouse
I'll have to show the setting I want to use for these CW blocks before the end of July.  I have 22 of the 56 made now. Maybe on Design Wall Monday???

Our Daughter #2 came to say good bye on Thursday Night.  Her oldest was too tired to sit up for a picture. It was good to have her home for almost a week.
                  

 Here is my block for Lori of HUMBLE QUILTS Jubilee/Birthday Quilt.  It was due in April but I finally got it mailed out this week.  I sent here a Bow Tie Block also. Even if my block has to go on the back, I wanted to send her one.

And for the Name-Dropping time--  STASH, a LQS (Local Quilt Store), invited a 'famous' Fabric and Quilt Designer to come to Walla Walla. Last night was a meet and greet/ book signing and tonight is a Lecture. I had one of the Stash Ladies take my picture with Tula Pink.  She's very friendly and Tall. I was happy to add another Autographed book to my Quilter's Library. Lynn calls me a "Name Dropper".  I need to take a Siggy Square for her to sign tonight, I forgot it yesterday. Her book has 20 projects in it and I think I will have to try a few of them... She is doing a workshop all day at the Marcus Whitman, but I didn't get signed up for it.  I dared not start another quilt!  
 I did buy a Fat Quarter of her "Parisville" fabric.  I was going to use it in my Cats and Mice Block for my FW and SBS. See the tiny lavendar mice??  I left it home when I cut those blocks out.  I think I could make a 2nd Cats and Mice Block for the SBS, HUH?  I'm not usually a fan of the "modern" prints- this one had some of my colors in it so it had to come home with me.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors of your CW blocks. Isn't it funny how you don't see a goof on a block until you put the photo on your blog? That has happened to me a few times. : )
    I'm proud of you for showing restraint in NOT starting a new project, Mary. Good girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com