Monday, July 9, 2012

Design Wall Monday, July 9, 2012

This is UFO #3, the number chosen for July with Judy L's UFO Challenge.  It was the Block of the Week from Barbara Brackman last year to celebrate 150 years since the Civil War. My record isn't as good as I'd like to have at getting my UFO's Completed during the month they are assigned.  I have several more blocks to make and am going to try and fit some in to my sewing time in the next 3 weeks.  I could possibly make most of the pieced block in that time.  I will show whatever progress on this at the end of July.  I don't think I'll start on the Barbara Brackman BOW for Women's Sufferage.  I'm on the "NO NEW PROJECTS" wagon train right now. My Farmer's wife Quilt and other "Tester" quilts have to take priority. I have one of the TESTER quilts done and will send it off to Texas this week.  Thanks to Lynn W at Thread and Bolts for doing the quilting for me. I get to go out and help her take it off the longarm tomorrow. Sorry no pictures allowed of it just yet...

Click over HERE to see all the quilters who are linked up.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you are enjoying the FW as much as I am.....they'll be beautiful quilts one day :0)

    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sampler quilt. I have a UFO I gotta find a sashing fabric for. I have to know how you are making the Farmers wife because I am so frustrated with mine. I tried paper piecing them ugh. I stopped somewhere in the 50's!!!

    Hope you have a productive week. What do you make test quilts for? I am curious now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have joined you on the NO NEW QUILTS rule!

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not doing Barabara's BOW either. I wanted to do last year's, but got overwhelmed. I made a few blocks from her patterns and used them in other projects, so your collection of blocks is way ahead of mine!!
    Can't wait until you can show us the tester quilt. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, didn't catch my misspelling of Barbara. I've renamed her. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to go on a "no new projects" diet as well, but my resistance is weak. I love your Civil War blocks. That will be a great sampler when it's all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it! The blocks are fun and most of them are fairly easy. Picking the fabrics and getting organized is half the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'll approach the new BOW like I did the last one ... make the ones that appeal to me (just for the piecing experience if nothing else), if and when I have time! I can't wait for the book for the Civil War quilt to come out! Look forward to seeing your tester quilt!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com