Lynn W shared her 'critter fabric' for the BOW - E-5 Handy Andy She saw that the boy in the fabrics is mowing the lawn. I had to fussy cut the girl and dog out of the fabric too. My 30's SBS Total is growing, 71, not quite as fast as the Farmer's Wife. I am finding more similar Blocks to make duplicates for both quilts. I've found 29 so far.
For example the A-7 Cats & Mice SBS Block and #17 Cats and Mice FW Block below.
The same templates are used, but color placement is different. Lynn had background fabric that had Cats on it that was from her Mother in Law that she shared for this block. We looked through her Nursery Rhyme 30's fabric to find the 3 blind mice to put in the center and the Cats for the outer squares in the left Block. The Cats have the mice surrounded and with the background next to the square of the Mice - the Mice are "cornered".
The background squares are the Cat fabric in the FW block on the Right.
These are the other FW blocks I made this week.


This Windmill Block is another block I made that is normally Paper-pieced. I put the templates on the paper and figured it out. Farmer's Wife Total is 82 of the 111 DONE.






I love the fun 30's fabrics you are using. What cute cats and mice! Wow--82 of the 111 blocks. That has got to feel good. I don't think I am even up to 50 blocks yet, but I am just doing blocks as Randy posts them and luckily we have had a little break. I couldn't have kept up in July. It has been crazy.
ReplyDelete