Monday, July 2, 2012

Saturday SEW-in, June 30, 2012

The Walla Walla Quilt Guild has two ladies getting married this summer. We held a Sew-in to make blocks for wedding quilts for them.  
Marlene had a friend make these cute cookies with a bridal theme for us.
 Melanie took an 'orphan block' from a Block Lotto and made this center for a Baby Quilt.  It was funny when I saw the block I made that didn't go with any of the others that month as the center block.
 Here are the "Buggy Barn Flowers" that were made by the time I left.  Wild and very colorful!  These will be trimmed up to a uniform size and set together, bordered and quilted by members of the guild.

As ususal I wanted to be in a hundred places on Saturday.  I woke up later than planned and just went to the Sew-in.  No $1 Flip Flops from Old Navy for me again this year. 
The rest of Saturday was spent sewing on my Tester quilt, going to my 2nd "SWEETS" game this week and giving the DH a Saturday haircut.
 Sunday was a day to go and share a special day with our oldest Grandson.  Jared received the Aaronic Priesthood and was ordained a Deacon by his Father. Pictured here with his father and two grandpas.


I got his Pillowcase made in the wee hours of Saturday night and delivered. He was a Scout camp all week so I didn't see him on his Birthday. That gave me extra time to find the fabric to use for it.  


 I think the kids like them. Jared's has lots of Tennis Shoes on it. He liked the little photo key chain that I included for him too.  His little brother and sister had to get their pillowcases out to show their G-pa B what I have been making for the grandchildren all year. Just a few more to make- then I have to dream up something to make for them next year.  We had a nice dinner with the family and got to see Jared blow out the candles on his 12th Birthday cake.  He was excited to show me his new camera that he bought with the money he has saved from weeding at his Aunt Kori's and Uncle Joe's the past two years.  He videoed us singing Happy Birthday to him.  Funny kid- look out at the next family gathering, Jared has a Camera!

2 comments:

  1. Wow -- another busy weekend for you! Your sew-in looks like it was lots of fun ... especially those little cookies! Haha! Your grandchildren are just darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun weekend to me!
    Jared's sure growing up. 12 years went fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com