I'm not on the Blog hop but wanted to post the link so all my Followers can go see the talented ladies who made Red White and Blue Blocks and Quilts.
You can find the links to the blocks each day @ Janesfabrics.blogspot.com
My most recent Red white and Blue is a UFO from when I made my son Jeffery's Lone Star. It was my very first one and this Table Topper is made from the left-overs. It has taken me over 6 years to get it this far. I found it in the bottom of a bag with the corners and side triangles all cut. Just waiting to be sewn in. SO...I just did them and took this Picture. I've thought of having it done by the 4th of July every year since I made the center. Too many other UFO's and NewFO's got done and worked on instead. Yesterday, I made the drive over to Tri-cities- with time to spare I took the opportunity to browse the Uptown Mall and Antique Shops. Two were closed but I saw a lot of Vintage-y stuff. These quilts and tops were all for sale. Will this be the fate of my UFO's? It makes me sad and I want to know who made them. The prices on them ranged from $28- $110. I asked two ladies who were shopping to hold a few up for me to get a better picture.
Black stitching and Close-up on the quilting.
Sun Bonnet Sue on a Dish towel A Pillow cover - Gingham Smocking.
Tulip Applique Butterfly with blanket-stitching
Vintage 9-Patch and close-up of the hand quilting.
I hung one over a bed frame to take a picture.
Embroidered baskets
Still on the search for the elusive "Featherweight" I saw these oldies, but goodies.
The day didn't turn out quite how I'd hoped but I am glad I got to see the Shops. One of the Shops in the Antique Mall that used to be JoAnn's had stacks and stacks of "VINTAGE" fabrics.
I only bought a bit of Vintage fabric and a TAMMY DOLL.
Correction: this doll is a sister of Tammy. Her name is "Pepper". I found her on ebay HERE. They are asking $24.95 and I only paid $8. 'Good Trade' as the Injun would say. (no offence to the Native Americans intended)


Looks like you had a fun day! The quilts and tops you shared are lovely...it is sad, isn't it? To KNOW exactly what kind of work and thought went into a piece like that, and to have it end up anonymous, for sale, and forlorn. I hope I've properly taught my family the value of a quilted piece!!! Happy Independence Day!! :)
ReplyDeleteMary, I LOVE your star. That is a pattern I have not attempted. This is a great patriotic look!
ReplyDeleteYou saw lots of great vintage quilts--great resistance in not buying them.
I still have my Tammy doll!!
Happy 4th!
I love those nine-patch quilts--they are just so timeless and always appealing.
ReplyDeleteI love the sewing machines--and as for whoever let that treadle get in horrible shape: I just want to slap him/her silly! Did it have a sewing machine inside?