The time has come for the Blogger's Quilt Festival again. Quilt Market starts today in Houston and this is the time that Amy Ellis has set to keep us sharing, especially if we can't be there.
BIG Thanks to AMY and all of the Sponsors!!
Favorite Baby Quilts HERE
Favorite Baby Quilts HERE
I have selected from one of my finishes this year...
Favorite Baby Quilt!
Size: 52" square
Fusible Applique
Designed, Pieced and Quilted by Mary Brown Crowther
Tyscanny by Hobbs Batting
June-July 2013
I call it Be-Ribboned because of the multicolored Ribbon border
This quilt started out with these fabrics.
A colorful print Border fabric with fat quarters in colors that are in the print.
Dots are perfect for a Baby!
I loved cutting it out with the Baby Go Cutter that I received as one of the Sponsor's gifts from the 2011 McCall's Quilt Design Star. I changed the flowers to use the GO Baby.
It went together very quick, having made this Original Pattern before for that Contest.
Started June 17 and completed July 26th (The day after this baby girl joined our family)
I tried to emulate the same quilting that the Original quilt had on it-
Thanks to Natalia Bonner of Piece n Quilt in UTAH!
Thanks to Natalia Bonner of Piece n Quilt in UTAH!
It wasn't easy but I'm happy with how it turned out in the end.
My favorite part ...
Seeing my Cute New Grand-daughter lying on it,
(I made her Blessing Dress, too)
almost as good as seeing the back with the quilting in the sunlight.
I have started making it again and expanding it - maybe for another cute girl...
The Festival goes from October 25-Nov 8 2013
Voting for your favorites in each of the categories shown HERE
Please consider My Entry for a Nomination November 1-7 in the Favorite Baby Quilt Category!
Don't forget to go visit all the Blogs and Comment...




the quilting is really lovely (not to mention the baby!) Enjoy the festival :-)
ReplyDeleteI love seeing your granddaughter nestled on the quilt, Mary! : )
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt and beautiful little girl all snuggle in it.
ReplyDeleteHow precious!! Your granddaughter is beautiful! And the quilt is lovely. Perfect match!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful baby quilt!
ReplyDeleteThat is so darling! And a beautiful babe, too.
ReplyDeleteMy goodness! What a doll. Your granddaughter is so loved to have a beautiful dress and a lovely quilt.
ReplyDeleteGreat job!
I agree with each comment! :) She is a beautiful baby, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! I love the quilt, it's my favorite too. I'll have to be more careful about "encouraging her" to carry it around, so it can stay in such great shape, because it's perfect!
ReplyDelete