Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Aloha LUS Blocks

I hope you aren't tired of seeing these cute Aloha Blocks yet. 
 I have only 6 more to make and then on to the Sashing.  I went out to my Quilt Buddies and
got some Math and Marti Template help to get them cut out.
This would be a very small quilt without the sashings.
I had a Meeting Tuesday night so No stitching until  later.  
DH came to where I was stitching Monday night, not to Complain but to mention that the sewing machine was keeping him awake.  So I will just do more cutting out so I don't disturb him.
I have substituted some of the Blocks that I don't want to make and will use ones that have meaning to me.  
I've been re-reading the Union Quilter and see some familiar names that Jennifer used 
in the book and for the Blocks and I am making those.
Paper pieced blocks and the appliqued Block were eliminated because of Crunch time!

Also on last month's goals and again on the Get It Done list for October- 

My LAST 3 Midnight Flight Blocks.
Did you hear a WHOO HOO ???

You would think that when I'm so close I would have just gotten them done.  I thought I had all the parts done last evening... I had to make even more of the Purple Blades to assemble these Final blocks.  I'll stitch the final seams tomorrow, now that all of the quarter units finished. 
 The END is in sight on this Flimsy!

The weatherman is threatening SNOW for my trip to Colorado. 
I hope that the weather doesn't keep Jennifer away.
Crossing my fingers!

3 comments:

  1. How could anyone ever tire of those gorgeous blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What color are you using to sash those pretty Aloha blocks?
    *LOL* I have kept DH awake with my machine now and then, as well. If he would close the bedroom door it would probably be a non-issue. My quilting machine is in a room with a door, so I can close it and quilt and not bother him, but my sewing machine is in an open nook off the family room and there is no door for me to close, so he has to close the bedroom door. On a hot night I can understand leaving it open.
    LOVE those Midnight Flight blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been stitching heaps! Way to got! Your LUS blocks are looking great, and my fingers are still crossed you'll have your top ready to show Jennifer.

    Love your Midnight Flight blocks!

    Take care and keep stitching :-)
    Hugs and stitches from me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com