Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Weepy Wednesday This Week

A-7 Beacon Lights
I only needed to make my Blue and White version of the Block of the Week today.  
Not much sewing happening. around here.  
It's a 'WEEPY" Wednesday!
On Sunday, there was a Good-bye gathering for the Turners.
On Tuesday, I went to lunch with my friend Wendy and a few others to wish her well on their new adventure.  They are Leaving Walla Walla for the Chicago Area and a new Job. 


Her husband was serving in the Bishopric when we moved here and their daughter was a good friend to our two Seniors.  He was the first to come, shake our hands and welcome us into the Ward.  I'll miss them more than they know. Today she came to visit at my house for the last time.
 I have tried to oblige her and not be a cry baby.  But today I lost it!  She left me with a special book and when I read what she wrote inside of it, I just couldn't hold back the tears.
She's a good friend and I've enjoyed all the things we have done in the past 9 years.
 Here's a picture of just US taken after a trip to my Nieces for new Hairdos!
I won't post the pictures of the process...LOL.
I enjoyed serving in the Primary with her as the President. 
I have to add a few pictures of the happier days that I will always remember
 2008 Christmas Presidency party
Celebrating a Birthday with friends
 Valentines Dinner with Turners and Limburgs
Free Cookie day at the Cookie Tree downtown.




3 comments:

  1. Good-byes with good friends are always hard, whatever the reason for parting, aren't they? Cherish those moments.
    Just found out today that an old friend lost her battle with cancer. Wish I'd had a last opportunity for one of those tough good-byes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary, you are making me cry!
    Cherish your together moments and create new moments via phone and internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Chicago will be a big change for them. Wendy is a great friend, even to me! What a nice post though!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com