Monday, October 28, 2013

"Faithful"

I wanted to write this post separate from my Design Wall Monday so I could link up to Lori HERE.



I took time to try and get mine quilted on my DSM this past week-end.  I really see why I don't like pushing a quilt under the needle when I try to FMQ (Free Motion Quilt)  on my DSM. (Domestic Sewing Machine).
I just have to trim it, bind it and put a hanging sleeve on it.
Faithful is the Quilt-Along I started with an extra block from my original Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. The Block is E-6 "Jack in the Pulpit".   I have been a FAITHFUL follower of all of Jennifer's Elm Creek Quilters Novels and her Quilt Pattern books. I have traveled many miles just to see her and have my books signed. 
I have to credit her for MAKING me stretch my skills in the making of my SBS Sampler. My Quilt Buddy HELPED a LOT with that too.  I was fun to use up some of the Bonus Triangle squares on this little quilt.  Thanks to Lori at HUMBLE QUILTS!
I chose this Backing fabric because it hides all the stitching so well.  It's a Purple RED ROOSTER print from Jennifer Chaiverini's Cross Country Quilter's fabric line.  I bought all that was left on the bolt at my LQS.

6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely quilt block. Keep up the great work.
    Thanks for stopping by Queenie's wee blog and leaving such a wonderful comment!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out so cute! I'm glad you had a leftover blog to use in the center as it makes it uniquely yours! The backing is such a fun fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how your block has a soothing, muted look to it. Mine is so garish in comparison! Isn't it fun to see the variety?
    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a really lovely version of the 'faithful' dolly quilt-a-long~!
    well done.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Faithful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com