Monday, September 29, 2014

Design Wall/Floor Monday- September 29, 2014

There are just two days left in the month to work on my September Goals.
I was 50% done with my goals HERE.
How much can I get done before the 1st of October?

The main deadline looming is my Red and White Challenge to link up over at Sew Cal Gal's Blog.
Will I or won't I get it finished?

Between the Quilt Show and the Shop Hop I haven't been at the sewing machine much.  
I need to remedy that this week. 
This quilt is back on the DESIGN FLOOR!
I Un-Sewed the Pink Print border while watching QuiltCAM.
 I like the green.  It needed it to bring the green out from the center.
I will add something in the corners of the green and the last border to allow the borders to fit better.
This quilt needs to get finished before I can move on to more fun projects.
I have a RETREAT coming up and I don't want to feel guilty about sewing on something else.

I tried the Gigantic BOF quilt on M & C's Bed on Saturday.
YEA, It fit and I can take off that extra 5" of the Opps quilting. 
Then it can be bound and given to them.
While I did that the grandchildren brought their quilts I made them in 2009.
Funny kids!
I'm glad they like Grandma's Quilts!
Linking up HERE

Come back on Wednesday for October goals and re-cap of September Finishes

7 comments:

  1. I like the green border, too -- and it nicely pulls the green from the center, you're right! Have fun finishing up your September goals ... you can do it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green border really adds a nice pop. Your pink border is so cool! This will be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That green border looks like it was meant to be there, Mary. Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the green border - makes your center pop. It's a beautiful center. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice to add the green. For the corners-maybe pinwheels? There shall be no guilt while retreat sewing. No matter what you are sewing on.
    Grandma Quilts are the best. Filled with love and you know the quilting holds the hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice combo of colors with the pink, green, and yellow. Spring like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the green added. I feel no guilt sewing on something I want to at retreat. I do have a couple things to work on for other people and after this wedding quilt is done this week I will get to those. I just acquired them from my friend at a retreat this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com