Monday, September 8, 2014

DWM- Not the oldest UFO - but Close- 9-8-14

I started to put the quilt in for M & C and the thought crossed my mind again that 
I really need to finish and quilt that Mariner's Compass Round Robin Quilt for the lady in my WARD.
I chose the Fabrics way back in November of 2012 HERE.
I started cutting pieces for the 1st Pieced border HERE
I added the first Pieced Border HERE
I worked on it again in February of 2013 HERE
HERE it is on my To-do list
I made a few Pinwheels for the border HERE
I tested the Pinwheels borders out with possible Border fabrics HERE 
I realized I would have to FROG it a LOT HERE
HERE it is on the Blog again April 2103, I'm asking opinions of my readers.
HERE was more Options for the finishing.
The last time I had it on the Blog was HERE!
This is what it looked like this AM!!!
It's High Time to get it Finished and delivered to it's rightful owner!
I've added a 2.5" plain Pink Border and a 5.5" printed border that looks like the 
Crazy Quilt Blocks on the original quilt.
It measures 52" right now
Do I stop and quilt it or should I add just one more border?
What color would you add? Yellow? Green?
OR- should I take off that last border and insert a Green one?
See why this one isn't done???
I need some more help from the Quilting Committee, LOL!
PLEASE leave your thoughts in the comments, I need to get this one off my project list.

I ended up putting my Temecula Row Quilt on "Betsy"to TEST the
Meandering Feather Pattern I want to use on M & C's Quilt.
It worked pretty well to 'float the top' on this small quilt.
UFO from February 2013
Just needs to have the binding now.
38" x 40"
I love the texture with this quilting pattern
(This backing is a cream color- picture makes it look green)

Linking up with Judy L HERE


6 comments:

  1. OK Girlfriend, this is me being me. Stop over thinking! If you are happy with the way it is right now, stop and get it quilted. Personally, I love it just as it is and would be happy to call it mine.
    Betsy is getting a workout! Good for her! Love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the quilt looks great as it is, but my question would be, what would the recipient prefer? Do they love pink, or would green make it more to their taste?
    Nice finish on your row quilt. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not add another wide solid (or mostly solid) border because then the "frame" will be too dominant and take away from the lovely pieced compass and pinwheels. If you want to add another border, how about a complementary polka dot or stripe print on a white background, like this one I found for you at eQuilter: http://www.equilter.com/product/195519/chroma-dropcloth-white

    Then you can finish it off with a lime green solid for the binding. I think it's a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful block, looks just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked it alot before you added the pink, but the pink is nice. If you added anything you need a white frame first, but I think it's finished this way. Bind it with green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt - love those bright pinks and yellows. You're doing good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com