Friday, August 1, 2025

It's August FriYay!

I had a heck of a time figuring out how to put this mess of 4- Patches together.
At Powered by Fabric on Wednesday that's
 all I got to work on.
I came Home and laid it out.
There was some Frogging that had to happen to make them turn in the same direction. 
I think I like it so far...
I had to stop when the clock struck Midnight. 
I pinned the unsewn squares so I'm ready to stitch them on each row.
 I need to cut some more White parts
for the edges. They will be trimmed.
Eddie says to cut them an inch bigger on one side.
So, I will cut 4.5" x 5" pieces.
I won't lose the 1/4" seam that way.
Then I can choose borders.
I think I will do a 3 strip border then Scallop it.
That center Square is not staying. 
I have an extra Butterfly square that can go there.
More Ripping to do before I sew the rows together. 
Using up my Purple Stash!
The four Patches are mostly Scrappy, so laying it out was the only way to distibute them around. 

I needed to find a Tan piece like this.
It's for the Reindeer in Week 3 of 
"Up on the Housetop" QAL 
I thought I  had a piece in my stash somewhere. 
Into the tote-filled room I dug.
DH came down looking for me and helped me get out of the room by handing me totes to stack back in a different order. I found a few totes of Christmas  projects to find a Tan close to this.
I looked at Stash, but they didn't have that Bolt with the fabrics line Pine & Berry.
This might Work, if it is wide enough to
 cut the many pieces.
I get to use the whole set of Alphabitties and a few of the Double letter set I already have! Yea.

But first I need to sew those rows I laid out...
I was too tired to pin all these blocks together so they are still on the Design floor.
I was extra ache-y on Thursday at the Temple.
Quilt Yoga is hard on this old person.

This is the other corner- Stacked and 
ready to stitch

And pinned!
See that Extra Butterfly square pinned to where
 it needs to go?
After I get going today I can Sew.
DH has 2 appointments. 
He went to the 1st one alone while I get going.
I was up before my Phone alarm rang. 
It was a PopTart morning.
Remember these?
The inspiration for a Wedding Quilt made in 2018.
I was busy that year!!

Happy August!



1 comment:

  1. The quilt is looking good.
    When you have used up your purple stash, will you buy more? ;)
    I can't recall the last time I had a Pop-Tart, and I have never had that flavor!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com