Amy @amyscreativeside is hosting IGQuiltfest
It's National Quilting Month!
#IGQuiltfest began on Sunday with intros.
This is me in my Happy place.
Quilting keeps the crazy away!
I love the piecing part and starting new projects. Quiltshow Deadlines motivate me. March is the Quilt show in Tri-Cities.
This year I add President to my List of names. I am having all the fun with Local Guild members. Stitching the day away and making new quilty Friends at Powered by Fabric. I love sleeping under my own Quilts, also love saying I made it all myself from piecing to binding. Some Quilts take way too long to get quilted. This one was one of those. Glad it's finished and will be gifted afterthe Quilt Show. I'm a wife of a very patient man. Celebrating 50 years together this year. Mom of 6, mom by love of 5, right now, Grandma of 26 and Great Grandma of almost 4.
#IGQuiltfest2026
#amyscreativeside
#intros
Day 2 First Quilt
Made when I was in High School. I put it on my bed at College. It's seen better days! Almost 50 years since then.
Made from scraps of my clothes I made.
#IGQuiltfest2026
#amyscreativeside
#firstquilt
How it looks now. Getting threadbare!
I sewed at eddie's today. I worked on my Designer Mystery Quilt from Fat Quarter Shop 2017.
I had all 12 Blocks made.
Just needed to make 312 Flying Geese, lol
For the Sashings!
Now I know why it was waiting.
I made 121 today
191 left to make.
I used my favorite Essential Triangle Tool
from Bonnie Hunter.
Who knows what the prompt for Day 3 will be?





Fun to see your first quilt!
ReplyDeleteThe mystery quilt blocks are really cute. Wow--that is a lot of flying geese. I don't think I could make 121 in one day!