Sunday, March 25, 2012

An Evening in Paris...

 My oldest Daughter and oldest Grand-daughter took a ride to Connell Saturday evening and were transported to Paris for a few hours.  The Distinguished Women of Connell/North Franklin High School (JR Miss) danced sang, recited and played instruments for us.  We had a relative- our talented Niece/Cousin on stage and we were duly proud of her. More pictures are on the highlighted link and I'm sure will be posted  at the Ransom Family Blog.
 Her mother got us Prime seats on the 4th row for the event.  I had a great view all evening  and would have taken pictures if they were allowed.  We were allowed to take them after in the Gym.
The Alders and Crowthers
Stephanie got three medals and some scholarship money for winning the JoAnn Welch "Talent Award", the Scholastic Award and being in the 5 Finalists.  The New Miss Connell is Sommer Boyd, (NaDell chose her as the winner when she saw the program before it started).  There were 14 Beautiful and Talented girls in the Scholarship contest where they were Judged on Poise, Scholastic, Interview, Fitness and Talent categories.  Stephanie played the Piano rendition of  "All of Me" using her elbows even.  She plays the Organ at Church and is a very accomplished pianist, (no partiality here, LOL).

 Attending and watching Pageants is a long time tradition with my girls.  It was fun to go to the Miss NF pageant again with the next generation. Thanks to G-ma Zora for the extra ticket and to Diana for getting us great seats!  I had to share with my Grand-daughter the story of when I participated in Miss Moses Lake my Senior Year.  Here we are in our Evening Gowns at the Dress Rehearsal.  Photos are bad because they are scanned old Polaroids from 1975.  Technology has come a LONG way!
  The story is that as we were waiting to come out onto the Stage here at Dress reheasal the Emcee- John LaMont, formerly of the New Christy Minstrals, called out a long "MOOOO".  It caused a fit of giggles for all of us girls.  Contestant #6 Crystal Fazande was Miss Moses Lake and Lynda Moore, 1st Runner-up were my roomies that night in the canopy bed at our Host home.  We had made a promise that the Queen would get to sleep there before the pageant.  We stayed there all week while we were in full, intense rehearsals.
I have to include a picture of myself in the Opening Number outfit that I made.  It shows better how I looked way back when... I wish I had a better picture of the Evening gown from that night that my oldest Brother bought for me.  I wore it to my Senior Prom later that year and again at Ricks college after adding sleeves.

3 comments:

  1. I love that old green outfit. It's so awesome!
    We had a good time with you last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like pageants are quite a tradition in your family. Fun to see the photos from your pageant days.
    Love "All of Me." At least one of my boys played that in his high school days--I don't know, maybe it was both of them. It is a fun piece. They had seen Jon Schmidt in concert and loved his stuff. "Waterfall" was a big hit around our house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got to go . . . and slightly jealous. :) It's fun to see your pageant days. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com