Oh My Goodness! I am late getting Birthday Pillowcases in the mail and I have nobody to blame but myself. I had an e-mail for a FREE Photo Book from Shutterfly in my INBOX and the temptation to use it was just too much for me. I started a new file on my Computer in My Pictures and started collecting the best Photos of all my Quilts. Some I had to scan from the Hard Copies. I used my FLIP-PAL scanner that I won from Pat Sloan last year. It is Portable and easy to scan from the Creative Memories Albums where I have some of my earliest Quilt pictures. Some of my Quilts don't live at my house so the old pictures have to be used and it is easier than waiting for someone to hold them up while I take a picture and then uploading, cropping and all that jazz. One of my Facebook friends, Linda, reminded me,
"I have found that it is easier to get out the books and show them instead of getting all the quilts out, showing them, and then having to refold for storage."
SO.....a day later and a few less (a lot less) hours of sleep time and I am well on the way to hitting that PUBLISH button. I'm still waiting on a couple pictures to be e-mailed to me to fill in and I'll be finished- for now. Since I have over that many more Projects/UFO's to finish in my lifetime.
While I wait for those last pictures I have these cute fabrics calling to me...One Year old's won't remember that Grandma was a day or two late, right?
I'm sure that my Daughters will know which one is for their Birthday boy... Today is the day to work on them!
Tri-City Quilt Show coming up so time is flying. I have more pictures to take...
There are free book coupons pretty often too! It's great. I'm still trying to decide if I want to switch all the way to digital books....
ReplyDeleteI like those fabrics. The boys will like their pillowcases!
As crazy as this sounds, I'd love to see pictures of your book of pictures when you get it. I really need to do something like that for the quilts I've made.
ReplyDeleteI've never thought to do a book like this of my quilts. I had been doing a scrapbook, but I have fallen way behind. I take pictures of all my quilts, but since getting a digital camera I rarely get things printed. Sad.
ReplyDeleteNOpe! Our one-year-old loves hearing from you any time! Sounds like that will be a great book! Derek loved hearing Grandpa Paul's phone call. We're out of town anyway, and he'll look forward to skyping this weekend! Thanks!
ReplyDelete