Monday, March 19, 2012

Design Wall Monday- Rubbing shoulders with Quilt Teachers

 
I got the chance to go with my Quilt Buddy; Lynn, to Trends in Portland again this Spring.  The weather didn't get the Memo however... We saw torrential Rain, Sleet, Snow, Hail and a bit of Sun.  While there I completed 4 more of my Farmer's wife Blocks. They are on my Design Wall this week by default. 
More Pictures of our adventure can be seen at Thread and Bolts Quilting Blog. We also Finished a two year-old UFO from Trends.  You can see that at the Blog too.
 Just part of what followed me home from Trends... including freebies and a door prize Fat Quarter bundle.
The Vendors were generous with shop owners and I was lucky to be with Lynn and get in on the fun.
 A prize that was delivered while I was gone from Blue Elephant Stitches BLOG. The Fabric from BRRRR. Thank you to Jolene.  I didn't realize she was in Canada.  It was fun to come home to a Squishie!

Just a few pictures from Trends.  Nice to meet "Famous" quilters we haven't met before.
Carrie Hargraves- Guest Speaker at EE Schencks
She is the daughter of Harriet Hargraves of "Treadle Arts" quilt shop in Colorado.  Yet another reason I'm happy that my DD #2 moved there. They run a "Quilter's Academy" Boot camp there. It was fun to hear her story about growing up in a quilt shop (she didn't want to be a Quilter...) and how she came around to take over management of her mother's Quilt Shop.
Lynn, Carrie and I at Trends

Me, Pepper Cory and Lynn at Trends
Pepper was in the Presentia Threads booth showing and teaching "Sashiko".  They had Make and Take workshops at Trends on Saturday and Sunday that Lynn went to.  It sure meant a lot less time sitting around waiting for the Door Prize drawings.
 Judges' Choice and People's Choice Winning Quilt  in Portland- Spring Trends show at EE Schencks.
Usually a quilt can only win 1 prize at Trends but this one got an 'overwhelming' amount of votes! The winner gets $100 Credit at EE Schencks.
Judge's choice for "Best use of Color" at Portland- Spring Trends show at EE Schencks.

It was a fun week-end ---I'll be recuperating part of Monday but Hope you'll Click over to see more Design Walls HERE.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh! What fun you had!! And what a terrific bunch of prizes/freebies you've collected!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a haul, Mary!!
    I would love to have met Pepper Cory. In my book she is the queen of the Drunkards Path. I have her templates and book. Though I have only made a few blocks, my Mom borrowed them and made a gorgeous quilt, which is now mine. : )
    Beautiful show quilts--glad you were able to go with Lynn and have a good time.
    And your FW blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary, how much fun do you and Lynn have together??? LOTS!!
    I haven't been to over there for several years now...I'd love to go again one of these days. Some really great stuff followed you home. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to have a weekend away. What fun giveaways! Mail is always nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wondered if this was open to the public or if it is only for those that own shops?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mary you are so very lucky to have the ability to go. I would love to go sometime but alas no quilting buddy for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com