Friday, March 9, 2012

Through the decades... RS B-day dinner

Tonight was the Birthday Celebration at Relief Society. I spent most of the last night and today finding treasures to help decorate these display tables.  The items reflect the events of each decade since the Relief Society was organized 170 years ago. I guess it is a good thing I saved stuff from my youth in the 60's and 70's.  My stuff wasn't as cool as some of the artifacts that Megan, Wendy, Cassie and Noel brought. But I had fun finding some things I haven't seen in a while.  
Through the Decades
 A Typewriter and OLD View finder- That is my Covered Wagon, Lincoln log cabin, Bride Doll, Singer Sewing Box and old Zippers.
 Mother Goose and Titanic books are mine.  The old Car and Hat from long ago.
 In the corner is a Mink stole and Muff.  My Grandma's spoon and hand beater are on a gingham apron. My mom's 1938 Year book from HS is on the left.  The patchwork in the frame was from Wendy's G-ma.
Two old Hymnals circa 1948 and "I Love Lucy" card are mine.  VHS tapes -The War years, Patton and A League of Their Own, and Elvis' "GI Blues" from the 40's-50's era.
   See the Jail house ELVIS picture, Barbie, Dick Clark and 45 records, School Readers, Primary Bandelo and Beatles pictures from the "White Album"?  They are mine. The Mickey Mouse ears, doll, Jeep, VW Van and Apollo stuff- not mine.
   I don't own a Rubik's cube or American Girl Doll, but I did collect Beanie Babies and Toy Story and Taco Bell 2000 stuff. I watched all of the TV mini Series "ROOTS", when Blockbuster went out of business I got them so I can watch them again. The Michael Jordan #23 mini Basketball is left from my son who had MJ's pictures on the walls of their room in Burbank. Lying on the table is a book remembering Princess Diana and the cassette tape of the song Elton John sang at her funeral.

We ate Crockpot Lasagna, salad and garlic bread- these yummy cupcakes were Dessert.  We saw a video and played "Speed Friendship" ( like Speed dating).  It was a good night and many helped make it better by attending.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great display, Mary. So much work, but makes for a fun evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a tremendous display of treasures and fun things! I'm glad the night was a success!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I wonder what our relief society night will be. I always like the birthday party one the best! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com