Today I have ---2 Holidays to Celebrate
National Quilting Day and St Patrick's Day
I'm not Irish - these blocks were the Block Lotto Blocks I was suppose to take to guild meeting on Tuesday. I put my "Balkan Puzzle" together like my "Windblown Square" by mistake and had to do some "frogging". I told the Winner, Dilsey, I would bring her my Blocks. These were made using the fun trick shared on "Craftsy". The directions help you make 4 HST's at a time. The Balkan Puzzle was the February Block of the Month on Craftsy. Thanks to Marilee.
You sew around the outside of a square then cut twice on the diagonal. The edges are on the bias but I was careful and it worked ok for me. 12" blocks are fun to make.
My Block of the week for the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Group was C-1 Contrary Husband
I needed to make this one for my 30's Sylvia's Bridal Sampler anyway so here it is. 6.5" block made with Marti Michell Templates. I have a bunch of blocks cut out now and next week is the Farmer's Wife Small Groups meeting at Thread and Bolts. I am trying to catch up with our fearless leader, Lynn. I hope to at least have my March Blocks finished in time for the meeting next week. Wait and see if they are the Design Wall Monday.How are you Celebrating the 2 Holidays? I remember making Crocheted 'Green' Shamrocks for my children to wear so they wouldn't get pinched. And making Green food for dinner.
It is so fun to have a Quilt Related Holiday on the Calender. Not that I need a reason to Quilt...


Nice green blocks to celebrate the dual holiday, Mary.
ReplyDeleteI'm getting all the sewing in that I can today before Stake Conference meeting tonight. I won't be going to the Stake Conference Sunday meeting because my sons are both speaking in their Young Adult ward tomorrow, so I am going there to hear them.
We've already had our evening watching "Quiet Man" but our St Paddy's Day dinner of potato soup, soda bread and shortbread will be tomorrow when the family gathers.
I wore a green top to watch my grandbabies play soccer yesterday morning, and I quilted all afternoon/evening.
ReplyDelete