Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday company

Grandpa got to try out the Church pew with three of the grandchildren tonight. We couldn't not give Vincent a treat of Ice Cream when he found the cones in the shelf and brought them to us. NaDell got a cute video of his first reaction to the coldness of the ice cream. It will be on her BLOG later. I spent the day at my Quilt Buddy's house. She has been under the weather all week so I haven't even turned on my sewing machine or iron all week. I was going crazy not sewing. I got all the blocks sewn to sashings that were in the rows. Where there was a missing block there is a separation in the string of blocks pinned to the wall. I filled in a couple spaces also. And made the BOW for my SBS group. H-7 The Odd fellows Chain I got two good books read this week. I'd borrowed Marilee's book "The Undaunted" and needed to finish it before November. The second book "The Christmas List" was a much shorter one. I found it at our Hasting's store and was elated to get it without a trip to Tri-cities. It was discounted a little also, which always is a good thing. I highly recommend both books. I was going to loan "The Christmas List" to Wendy who is leaving on a long airplane ride, but NaDell saw it and started reading it, so she has it this week. Who is next??? I cried reading both of them. It could be that my tear ducts are a little close to the surface this week with Kori's Mom's passing. Our Prayers are with her family. I'm so relieved that she could be with her mom and say "goodbye". She will be missed by all who knew and loved her. Kori posted a tribute to her mom on thier Blog already. We have Birthdays in the family in October so I need to wish Christen "Happy Birthday" a day late and Coy "Happy 6th Birthday" on Tuesday! A week from Sunday will be Christopher's 2nd birthday. He lives in Idaho so I don't get to eat any of his B-day cake...maybe it will be B-day pie again, who knows...

2 comments:

  1. It was nice to come and visit you guys. Thanks for the fun. The girls liked playing the games with Grandpa too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He didn't have pie... it was lemon cheesecake. I ordered a fundraiser cheesecake so if that gets here in time- he'll get cheesecake again. If not... we'll probably make a totally rad dirt cake. We wish you could be here too. It was good to talk with you tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com