Monday, January 19, 2015

Design Wall Monday- January 19, 2015

The weather outside was rainy and cold on Saturday, no where special to be.
 I spent the day in the Basement.
I made two more 30's blocks for my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler.
Total now is 53

My 2014 Quiltville Mystery has been sitting around waiting and waiting
 for me to make a final decision for what to do with it.
Saturday was the day to GET IT Figured out.
I got the reamaining 13 blocks together in the way the pattern was designed by Bonnie Hunter.
I decided after all the quandry that I wanted to at least do 1/2 of the original quilt.
Here it Quilt #1 laid out, with and without the borders-
ready to finish sewing it all together.
It's growing on me- 
I like it much better now that I can see it together with the borders laid out.
I hope to get it done by the time Bonnie does another Monday Link-up.

With 9 of the rest of the blocks I can do this...
Which one is better?  
With or without the black center block.

 I think it needs another border,
 I can use the extra parts of the original border.
OR... add some Pink, Black or Purple to it.

Linking up HERE with Judy L at Patchworktimes

7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't use the black center block. With just 9 blocks it just doesn't fit in my opinion. Nice that you are making such progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Julie, I don't care much for the black center. I wonder what it would look like with black cornerstones in the sashing. And yes, definitely another border.

    I love the way this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sampler blocks, Mary -- they're very pretty! And I'm with the above two ladies -- the one without the black center appeals to me most. I love, love the yellow sashing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd nix the black center block, too. And I do like Judy's idea of black cornerstones. I think it would add a nice secondary pattern. And then your border would frame it up nicely. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sampler blocks are lovely! I'm seeing several bloggers split their Grand Illusion blocks up into different quilts. Fun to see. I'm with the other gals...no to the block with the black center. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Grand Illusion turned out beautifully. I'm still not in love with my version.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really needs some green. There is no punch in it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com