It's a New Year at Quilt Guild and we are making the final Alphabet Blocks for our Block Lotto.
Here is the "W" Block
"Wild Duck"
HERE's the Link for the pattern, I reversed the dark and light for my block
The light green fabric is from Thread and Bolts quilt shop this time.
My story/Demo board for guild with the block parts.
My story/Demo board for guild with the block parts.
Guess who WON again?? Little ol' me
I heard some of the members after the meeting say that they really wanted to WIN this time.
I thought quickly and said, "I'm thinking of a Number between 1- 25"
Sherry M , our New Vice President picked the correct Number- 15
The number I won the blocks with and the DATE of my Birthday this week.
I could have kept them, but I already have a Red & White Quilt or 2 in my collection.
One of the previous Block of the Month quilts showed up during our Show & Share.
The story goes that Maggie (in pic) told Pat C that she liked the blocks she just won last August
- so Pat gave them to her. This quilt will go to our Baby Quilt Charity.
- so Pat gave them to her. This quilt will go to our Baby Quilt Charity.
I love seeing the quilt made from the winning Blocks.
We have a Quilts of Valor Sew-IN Day coming up in February.
All over there will be quilters making quilts on February 7th.
Shown are a few of the blocks we will be making that day.
Ideas presented to the group tonight were a "Round or Block Robin" and a "Scrap it Forward"
The Scrap it Forward has my attention. You'll be hearing more about it later.
I had fun using my Set 'E' Marti Michell templates to make this block.
I pressed the heck out of it and scorched the corner, hope it washes out.
I see I should have used 3 fabrics, oh well...
My #50 of the 140 I need to make.
90 left to go.
The Downton Abbey quilt blocks are done and I'm ready for next week.
I chose to meet both the Lord and Lady Grantham.
Earl's Pipe &Cora's Tiara blocks (2 of each)
Blocks from Week 1 & 2
I wonder what adventures Ebony has in store for us this week???
She is giving us a choice of paths to take with each clue given.


What a very kind thing for you to give the lotto blocks away. That is a really nice grouping!
ReplyDeleteI think your blazing star turned out great. I'm still afraid of that block pattern. : )
Nice progress on your DA quilt. Going to be beautiful!
Your guild sounds so fun. Mine is dying off and I wish I was closer to you! I love your Downton blocks. That is awesome you gave the blocks away!
ReplyDelete