I had heard how FUN it was to hear Joe Cunningham while I was at Sister's
I hadn't heard of him before they announced he would be our
2017 Featured National Quilter @ WWVQF.
They sold tickets for an Evening with Joe at the Marriot.
He Played his Guitar and shared his Quilts.
At first I thought this was a Self - Portrait.
was I ever Wrong...
I had to get a Close up from my seat at the show.
Just a couple more of his Quilts.
It was fun to hear the stories that went with his Quilts.
Made from textiles not usually seen in My Quilts...
His Book Introduces us to 30 Quilters who are Men.
Click the link to read more about him.




YEARS ago, like the late 80's I saw several things about Joe Cunningham. He and Gwen Marston had a retreat center in the UP of Michigan. They went their separate ways and I hadn't really heard a lot about him over the years. What fun to see his stuff.
ReplyDeleteI heard a lot about him when it was Gwen Marston and Joe Cunningham, but not so much in recent years. Good to know he found work. LOL I'm glad you enjoyed it.
ReplyDelete