Monday, September 18, 2017

Design Wall Monday -WWVQF Challenges

Last week was BUSY with lots of Meetings.
Not as much Sewing as I'd like.
It ended well with the Quit Festival.

I can now show you what I was working on for the
"Paint the Town RED" Challenge.
I used the "Wonky House" pattern idea from Jacquelynne Steeves HERE
A few houses from the SAL Kaaren had last year and the RED Crayon from an Instagram post I saw.
The Border pieces were from the Beach BOM Pat Sloan had in 2015.
Remember the ones I made "wrong"?
I quilted it with the 'Beauty' Panto.
I kinda like how it turned out.
The Winning Challenge Quilts were much more creative.

1st Place
"Paint the Town Red"
by Nancy K
2nd Place                                           3rd Place
"Nature's Paint...Sunset Windows"              "Paint the Town with Reds"
Cathy S                                               Deanna J

And the Blocks turned in from the Challenge Fabric
 Can you guess which one is MINE?

My Grand-daughter's quilts looked very nice with their Rainbow Ribbons.
Of course I took pictures, DD#1


Today I get to take them home.
We'll see if they want to show them in the Spring Quilt Show.

I'll share the Winning BIG & Small Quilts on Wednesday.
Come back to see.

Today is my Youngest Daughter's 31st Birthday.
We took her out for Lunch on Saturday.
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, closeup and indoor

Sunday was our Grandson's 13th 
I'll deliver his Gift and card while I'm in Tri-cities.

Linking up with Small Quilts HERE

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful quilt designs! I especially loved yours best with all the lovely houses!

    My grandmother used to do quilting and I cherish all of her pieces we have now. I'm so glad to see - it's not a lost art these days!

    Blessings to you and your family... Plus, Happy Birthday to your daughter! Precious times!

    Thank you for sharing, Net
    http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com
    Your guide to Family Movies on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing your block is the second from the left on the second from the bottom row- little pinwheels. They're all cool. I like the hedgehog! I really like the quilting you did on Elizabeth's quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts the girls made really did hang nice and flat! So pretty! Thanks for taking pictures.
    I think you made the block at the end on the bottom with the ?flying geese?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com