Thursday, July 5, 2012

Baseball, Hotdogs, Apple Pie & Chevrolet- Happy Birthday USA!



I had to do  it! this commercial has gone through my head all week.  It came out the year I graduated from High School.  No wonder I like it.
Our 4th of July activities included all of the above except the Apple Pie.  I took a picture of a pie when I went to the store.  I misplaced my fabric that I needed to finish the borders on my Tester Quilt for Stitchin' Heaven.  I knew I'd find it when I quit looking so hard. 
Paul and I walked over to see the 4th in the park and saw a new kind of hot dog for sure.
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs with a hot relish, (not spicy hot) and Ketchup.  I had to have some Kettle corn. I think we walked around the circle 3 times before deciding to get something.  They were $5 and came with chips.  I took a couple bites. I told Paul it was really only $2.50 each since we shared.
We saw a lot of people we knew in the Park and had fun just enjoying a day off together.  He's wearing the shirt he got from the Goodson's for Father's Day.
We went to the Turners for a Pre-Game BBQ. Jay cooked the burgers, I made macaroni Salad and took some chips over too.  Wendy made homemade Ice Cream, very Yummy!!!
 The Sweets were playing and we had tickets. We sat next to Jay and Wendy after the row we were on got crowded. I even shared my Cow Bells that we got at the last game.  Hurray- They won 13-3.   I got to see my first home run in Borleske Stadium.  Go Kalani! Both teams got one HR. They play the Wenatchee Apple Sox again tonight. Can that count for the Apple part? We will have to go again, maybe the jinx is off now.  That's 2 games they've won when I was there.

 And, of course we drive a Chevrolet, so I had to take a picture next to it with a Flag and Chevy LOGO!

We are party poopers when it comes to spending hard earned money just to light it on fire and blow it up.  There was plenty all around us going off in the neighborhood after it got dark.  Paul went to bed and I sewed. I found that misplaced fabric in a plastic bag by my sewing machine.  It's always the last place you look, right?  

3 comments:

  1. One of my DIL's friends hates hot dogs, apple pie and baseball ... I never fail to look at her and think how absolutely un-American she is. LOL!!! That commercial was a favorite of mine, too! Looks like y'all had a fun day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so very much for the Chevy ad because I had NEVER seen it and it gave me a big chuckle! I found you because I voted for your clever Election Quilt. And I owned a "Tammy" and a "Pepper" doll since I was NOT ALLOWED to have a Barbie (too sexual)! LOL! Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got back from a family reunion campout. Fireworks were only allowed within the city limits and no campfires in the campground, but we had fun. Looks like you were more festive than we were.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com