Monday, May 30, 2016

Design Wall Monday - OMG May 30, 2016

My June OMG will be my Honor Star

My class at SEW n Vac is later this month.
June 8-9 4-10pm
This one was my first attempt at a Feathered Star.
The fabrics weren't available at the LQS so I made a second sample. 

Linking up with Heidi at Red Letter Quilt's HERE

The month is almost over- I've been over many miles and  a few Bobbins have been used up.
The goals for May- Not so much---
1- Make the Secret Garden Block for May (pattern is printed already) DONE
2- Sash Farm Girl Vintage - Flimsy NOPE taking to RETREAT
3- Guild Lotto/Charity Block  DONE
4- 1930's Farmer's Wife Blocks
Not done
5- Quilt  the 2 Grand-daughter "Grandma Quilt Camp" quilts -Not done
  and my OMG Goal I will share on Monday's Design Wall 
Lori Holt - Quilty Fun  DONE and  DONE

My Block Count  for May = 10 lowly blocks

Two Quilt finishes makes up for that, right?
Betsy was being very good!!
I was on a roll had to keep quilting Friday.
Grand Illusion is Quilted
I used "Fandasia Daisy Fan"
The quilt was loaded sideways so the fans go Vertically.
I mirrored them every other row, the effect was interesting, wouldn't you agree?
DH says, it's time to do some Custom Quilts, make some $$$
I still have those 18 + to finish, plus all the ones he has no idea I have in my brain.

Linking with Designs Walls all over Blogland HERE

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Finishes are so good for momentum in the sewing room. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm envious of your feathered star. They look so complicated...and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finishes this month! You are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. R/W/B star is a perfect project for Summer!
    Nice job on the quilting! Do you want to quilt for hire? I wouldn't be able to take the pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you turn your quilting into a business, you will never get anything personal done again. And some of the joy will go out of it for you, too. It's inevitable, because it becomes a job. Teaching is different, because you are still doing something you love and then teaching someone else to love it, too. I really like your star!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! Good luck with your OMG!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com