Monday, June 13, 2016

Design Wall Monday - June 13, 2016

I was grounded for the weekend, happily though because that meant I didn't have to be anywhere.
Thanks to the DD #2 and her Hubby for the rides to the last Baseball games this week! :)
 Thursday evening games were in our favor, not so much the Friday game.
But Grandson J got to pitch the final inning.
The picture on the left shows the happy cousins celebrating the BIG Inter-city Tournament Win.
Look at the size of that Trophy!

I played with my Circa 2016 mini blocks all week and got them all caught up with 
Friday Night Sew-in- while Kathy in Canada sewed with her friends.
 Now to get the 120 Hst's all done between the stitching.

Since Paul was gone I had time to cut and sew 5 of my 1930's Farmer's Wife Blocks too.
Poppy was a BIG Pain to make - I see now that I turned the hst's in the wrong.
I also lost a few points... I will be re-making this one.
 Mrs Anderson was made back in March. I ran out of the green with the lambs and little biy
so I saved it to finish later.  Had to use a different green.
I think that is what the Farmer's Wife would have done in the 1st place.

Mrs Anderson                                     Judy
Doris                                            Lady
That was a LOT of cutting so I chose an easy one to make last- Lady!
It was good to have Marti's reminder about Mirror image placement on the corners.
I have 10 more to catch up on...

Saturday afternoon was QuiltCam over at Quiltville.
You can watch it HERE
 I decided it was time to share my 
Finished Grand Illusion with Bonnie LIVE!
Off the Porch beneath the Hydrangeas and in front of my little gardener statue from Marge.
I miss her every time I look out and she's not there watering her flowers.

Beside the statue is a solar flower I got for Mother's day from DD #2.  
I forgot to show it.

Bonnie made my day with her kind words.
 
 I always try to stay positive in my comments. 
Sometimes I'm called "Pollyanna"

Hope it's a good day to start out the first full week of Summer for my Grandchildren 
and my Blog Followers too.

It's a Good day in Blogland---Linking up HERE

3 comments:

  1. Look at you go with your FW blocks! I'm happy the Judy block wasn't misbehaving. :) They all look great.
    I know exactly how giddy you felt when Bonnie showed your picture. :) It's always good to get that shout out!!
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright border for Grand Illusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried arranging the Temecula blocks into any design possibilities?
    I especially like the "Poppy" block. Very pretty!
    Your Grand Illusion looks beautiful beside your flowers, Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com