Monday, January 3, 2011

Design Wall Monday 1-3-2011

Judy, by way of her DH have chosen the lucky #6 for the UFO to be worked on for the month of January. I have my WASIQ Round Robin as my #6 UFO. This quilt was started in 2008. I think it has been aged long enough for lack of a final border and quilting. I started with the center being a view of the "Foothills" that I can see when I'm driving east on Hwy 12. The pink tree is to represent the Dogwoods that bloom every Spring here in Walla Walla. I'm not a big landscape quilter so this was an attempt at using fabrics that were like a landscape.

The ladies who worked on my rows were: Holly K, Kathy H, Sue L, Cindy J, and Sarah N. I had a lot of fun working on their rows. This is the first Round Robin I ever did! We called it a "Migrating Round Robin". It came back to me in September of 2008.

My 2nd UFO for January is the Buggy Barn Stars. I started thinking about making it back in October after the Buggy Barn ladies came to our local Quilt Festival in September. I have only a few (11) blocks made, so this one will take a little more time to complete. My vision of how it will turn out is still a Work In Progress. This picture was taken at the November Retreat at Royal Ridges. We will have to see how the blocks speak to me when I put them on the wall...

I think I might have a lot of fun doing the UFO Challenge this year. And the Monochromatic Challenge...That is going to be a small quilt, just in case my month gets Busier...Possibly from an idea in this BOOK by Kathleen Tracy. With these fabrics...or maybe some 30's or Civil War fabrics that I have coming in my Birthday FQ Swap. I have at least until the 15th of the month to decide. Click on the links at Judy L's Blog to see what other quilters are doing in the first week of 2011.

7 comments:

  1. My #6 was my orange snowball mystery that is actually due this Thursday. I think she was looking over my shoulder on that one.

    I love the Round Robin. We will do another one in my guild this year. I never thought about that landscape block for the center.

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the star blocks. Can't believe you are in walla walla. That is where my dad was born and raised and I had relatives living there until recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you do with the blocks. I might just have to copy it for a Quilt of Valor quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great projects! Good luck with your UFOs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intrigued by your robin quilt. I think I'd applique some dogwood blooms around the blue and white striped border, like a trellis of blooms! Oh, I'm just full of great ideas, except for my own UFO projects! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun to see your migrating round robin again. Mine isn't finished yet either....it just needs to be quilted. I'm gonna use it as a Christmas/Winter wall hanging so it would be great to actually get it done.
    You're so good at finishing up projects. Nice inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com