Monday, January 31, 2011

Design Wall Monday- January 31, 2011

The day has come to REVEAL my Monochromatic Challenge Quilt. It has been a definite Challenge for me. not only just the color YELLOW. Trying to find time to work on it with my other projects and with all that has happened in the Month already. I will bid January goodbye and hope to still complete this one before February is here. I took my Inspiration from the mini quilt in the book I showed the begining of the Month. I cut the strips and used my Eleanor Burns HST ruler to make the Baskets. My baskets don't have handles. I think they look pretty good for being all one color. The corners still need a bit of work on how they will end up. I will at least get this to the "flimsy" stage this month. Since my Quilt Table is full at the moment, it won't be quilted today. I think I will quilt some flowers in the white space. This quilt will brighten up a dreary day for sure. Click HERE to see more Monday Design Walls this week.

7 comments:

  1. This is a cute project Mary! I would be tempted to put some yo-yo flowers in the baskets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! So many triangles and your points look fabulous. When do you sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baskets do look great. I have to say yellow would be very difficult for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you use a dark yellow to quilt handles? I like how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow was my favorite color as a child but I didn't bite on this challenge. As a nod to Judy, however, I am using yellow to do my Henrietta Whiskers BOM. I love your little quilt and think it would make a great table topper as Spring rolls around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good. I would have a hard time with this color, but the next,violet!!! I have tons of that !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com