Saturday, November 16, 2013

Jo & Nell Bonnie Challenge Link-up

Another week has passed and I still don't have the borders on my "MIDNIGHT FLIGHT".
This morning when Bonnie says QuiltCAM @ 2pm EST (11 AM PST)- I thought  that gives me time to get my fabrics ready to CUT out the Border parts and get some made.  Lets see what I got done?
I think I like using the "Eternal Swirl" as Bonnie so lovingly called this Moda Swirl fabric.
 I had a few 4-patches left so I want to use them in the borders. The lLt Blue has good contrast.
What do you think?  Pink inside or outside?
#1
 #2
I thought that the Inner Black border was needed to contain the center of the quilt before adding the border.
I have leftover Black strips I can use scrappy for that.

And I gathered some Greens and Blues for the NEW Mystery
 When I went to Lowe's for the Paint cards I picked these colors out to tone down the brightness of the Blues and Greens. I like them much better than the YELLOW and ORANGES.
Linking up with the Jo & Nell Bonnie Challenge HERE


6 comments:

  1. Don't fret, I still don't have mine on either. You encouraged me to use up the bonus triangles, so we will see what it looks like later on.

    Have a great day!! My computer & sewing machines are in different rooms, so can't do Quilt cam when I sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that swirl fabric, too -- and have it in several 'filler' colors! I like your blues and greens!! Pretties! Have fun stitching this afternoon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, Mary. I think I'd put the blue on the outside edge, but I can't say for sure why. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pink on the outside. Like Janet, I'm not sure why except it feels a little "heavier" than the blue. But it will be lovely either way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mystery colors look fun. I hope you can squeeze in some time to finish your midnight flight. I'd love to see that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm working on the mystery fabric collection too this week... so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com