Friday, March 17, 2023

Friday- Quilts of Significance

I couldn't not share these Quilts when I saw the Prompt for 
"Quilts of Significance"

These Quilts are Vintage,  almost Antique.

My Momma and Grandma made a Quilted this "Barbazon" Quilt
Front
Back of Barbazon Quilt

Paul's Mother made this 16 Patch for us.

When the Aunts found out we were getting married they sent blank blocks to make a Quilt.
The Yellow Gingham on the back and it has Prairie Points
Each Block has a family Members name on it. 
The Center was Memories of our Dates.
I had to use some iron on to cover the BOO BOO.
I left out the W in our last Name.
Zoom in to see the Center panel.
The Yellow ones were for my Side and the 
Plain White for Paul's.
There were enough Blocks to make 
two Pillow Covers.


I don't remember telling them I liked Yellow...
I DON'T like it much now.
A liitle of it goes a long way for my Quilts.

When I moved a few things around in our spare bedroom last week.
I found these in a BIG Wheeled Tote.
I think they had been there since my Bed Turning at Quilt Guild.
In 2016 that I did a Bed Turning at the 
Walla Walla Fair.
Some of these Quilts have been in 
hiding for a while.

Have a Wonderful Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Some nice family treasures there, Mary. Too funny about spelling the name wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com