Monday, June 24, 2013

Design Wall Monday- June 24, 2013

What a week/weekend I had!  This will take a couple posts.  Retreating in Leavenworth with my 
WASIQ (Washington State Internet Quilters) Group was SEW much FUN!
I realized while packing that I hadn't gone to this RETREAT since 2009 . 
Opps, I found another Posting HERE from 2010.
These are Blocks from 2005-2006 that were SWAPPED with this Group. After cutting all the 2.5" Blue sashings and sewing them on, I had to cut a different color to finish the sashings on two sides. I should have cut them more narrow, so I didn't run out. There were four more with Blue sashings so I put them in the center. I'm glad I found the Ziplock bag in time to take this project.
I put them up on the Design Wall outside at Retreat.  Many who saw them, remembered them and a few said, "I didn't get that one!" SO, I hurried to sew them together so they wouldn't disappear...LOL
 All sewn together and ready for top and bottom border to square it up more. 
Before I quilt this one I'll make a chart of who made each block to put on the label.
Our Fearless Group MOM bought a BIG bag of Crushed Walnuts shells and brought them to share. 
L-R: Dawn, Gaby, Me, Mel (Group MOM), Lou Ann, Kathy
We made these Chicken/Penguin pin cushions.
As usual I messed up my Log Cabins the first time. We needed two that were identical. 
Kathy said,  I cannot emphasize more, for chickens, who cares. Make the blocks as wonky as you want.  I had to try a 2nd time to make them right. so I made 2 Chickens.
Chain Piecing my Midnight Flight chevrons and Hsts.
 I took this picture of my parts and Bonus Triangles before I packed up Saturday evening
 to leave Sunday AM. This meant a LOT of drawing lines, stitching, trimming off 
at 1/4th inch and finger pressing.  I think I have enough parts to make a few more 77 piece Blocks.

My other project didn't get a picture taken... I finished 84 star points (using Marti's Templates) for the next big project that I'm re-making. This project and the original hasn't been shown on the BLOG yet...

Clicking HERE will take you to the Link-up with Patchworktimes

3 comments:

  1. I love the 2 sashing colors! Very clever and a great way to use all the blocks without having to unsew. Looks fabulous and full of great memories.
    Looks like you gals had a blast. Love the flock of chickens.
    Retreats are such fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great retreat, Mary!
    I just pinned a chicken pincushion pattern that I hope to try soon. They look cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had fun and was very happy that the walnut shells got used (10qts is a lot)! Now I have enough to make a couple more pincushions, which is a couple more than I would make typically! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com