Wednesday, June 12, 2013

July's Lotto for GUILD

HERE is the link for the Blocks I showed at Guild on Tuesday.  It's a very simple block with lots of possibilities.  I hope the Guild members use their imagination and bring a few more Blocks to our Potluck Meeting next month.

Here is my Story board. I demo-ed the Flying geese Flippy corner trick like Bonnie Hunter does. Draing the line and stitching to the inside so when it is pressed after trimming 1/4" away from the line- it is even with the corners.
 This blocks take 8 Flying Geese and 5- 4-1/2" Squares.




I spent most of the day sorting my Quilts in the closet and rolling them up so more could fit on each shelf.  The top shelf is the smaller quilts.  Next is the Twin sized and the Mini Wall hangings, Table runners and larger Quilts are on the bottom.  It looks better to me and it makes it so the door can shut.  Whew that's a lot of Quilts!  There are a few in another closet and on the beds of course too.  After guild it was time to make the rest of the beds.  The boys will get to choose a quilt from the closet to sleep with.
My Secret pal at guild left two packages for me and this is what was in them.
The small pieces are cotton and the Red is Flannel.  I am happy for the Needles, must be time to change them after all my sewing.  I showed the center of "Katie's Choice" to them and got lots of ohh's and ahhh's.  Just you wait until next Monday, I hope to have both of the Baby Girl quilts including borders.  I'm happy with how they are turning out.  I hope the girls like them.

3 comments:

  1. That is a packed closet, Mary. I never seem to get quilts finished unless I need them to give away, so I doubt I could fill a closet. Must be fun! : )
    Lots of goodies from your secret pal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see your quilts for my nieces too!
    I like your rolled quilts in the closet. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, your secret pal exchange intrigues me. I'm activities chair for my guild. Is your guild quite large? How does the exchange work?

    Looks like she got you some fun goodies. :)

    You've got a huge collection of quilts. I like how you stored them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com