A Place for my Quilts, Family and Friends
Monday, April 25, 2011
Design Wall Monday, April 25, 2011
Thank heavens it is DONE...at least the quilting is all done.Finished before the end of the Movie "The Ten Commandments". It will be sent to my friend before I can show it at guild. I've had it long enough. I put it on the table back at the end of January. I posted about it HERE.
As you can see I'm concentrating on where the needle is going. I learned a lot from doing this.
#1- I can't do BIG quilts on my home machine. The throat of my Bernina wouldn't hold all of the quilt with the batting and backing. I had to turn the whole quilt around to finish the last 6 passes. That meant waiting for DH to come home and help me. Basically rotating the poles and re-pinning the top of the quilt to the leader and rolling the other side opposite to make it flat across.
#2 If I do a quilt for someone- it becomes more stressful and means WORK!
#3 I don't want to WORK! Quilting is suppose to be my stress reliever-- ie:FUN!
But it is done. And I am a happy camper!
Click HERE to go to the links for Design Wall Monday this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(283)
-
▼
April
(19)
- Quilting Gallery - Weekly Contest
- Too much on the Calendar
- Design Wall Monday, April 25, 2011
- 2011 Easter Sunday
- Stash Report April 24, 2011
- Easter Feast
- Waiting for Announcement
- Design Wall Monday - April 18,2011
- Stash Report - April 17, 2011
- Happy Surprise Birthday - WENDY
- "Miles to go"
- IRONIC - B & W Pictures from the past
- UFO Challenge for April
- Alliance Quilts- LIVE
- I won March's Block Lotto!
- Design Wall Monday - April 11, 2011
- The 'rest of the story'
- Scenic ride
- April Fool's BABY!
-
▼
April
(19)
Blog of the week!
Second time winner
The quilt is beautiful! I agree with you that quilting should be a stress reliever not work.
ReplyDeleteI think you do a great job! That's why she asked you, but it sound too big. Enjoy having that one DONE!
ReplyDeleteBravo to you for getting it done. I did LArming for a business for one year but eventually was getting anxiety attacks when I stood at the machine for a customer quilt. Between that and the backaches, it was time to do it for fun only.
ReplyDeleteIt is lovely for all the hard work :)
ReplyDeletecongrats on getting the big quilt quilted! I know the feeling!!
ReplyDelete