Sunday, April 24, 2011

2011 Easter Sunday

Easter Message from President Monson and MOM/Grandma. If you haven't viewed this please take a moment today to do it. I've had the song that is my Dear husband's favorite Hymn playing in my head since I heard it sung on Friday evening by Carrie Underwood.How Great Thou Art. This morning I heard her sing it again and I sang it with her as I got ready for Church this Easter Sunday. Nobody was home so only I could hear the angels in heaven joining me. I have to tell the REST of the story like Paul Harvey used to do. When I was around 13 my Parents took me to Pocatello. We stayed with my mother's Uncle Theron and Aunt Alice. Uncle Theron is Grandma Mary Waite's Brother. The only surviving Triplet born to Harriet Louisa Call Mann. She was the second wife of William Charles Mann. His wife Alice we called "Aunt Allie" is where the recipe for the Hamburger Cassarole you all love so much came from, just FYI. I believe this was when I first heard a Player Piano and also the first time I hear Uncle Theron sing "How Great Thou Art". I wish I could play it for all to hear. I do have a recording on 'reel to reel' tape. I'm so glad I got to hear his beautiful Tenor/baritone voice belt out the words in person. I still get goosebumps when I hear a man sing it well. My mother loved to sing and she sings in my ear on days like today. When you see me cry when a hymn is sung, it's usually because she's singing in my ear one of the hymns we used to sing in Moses Lake 2nd Ward. How Great thou Art wasn't in the Hymn book when my mother was alive. Neither was "I Believe in Christ". She would have loved to lead the congregation in those Hymns. Her Uncle Theron died the year she did and someone said he called her to sing with him in the Heavenly Choir. They needed another Soprano. I want all my Grandchildren to know that I Believe in Christ! Easter is the day we celebrate his rising from the tomb. I'm happy to know why the tomb is empty on Easter Morning. Because He lives and He loves us all. So much he died for our sins and sorrows. He died to fullfill all righteousness and to be OBEDIENT to His Father. May we all be OBEDIENT and remember the things we are taught so we can truly follow Jesus Christ. He is our Example and asks us daily to "Come Follow Me".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com