Today was our Ward's Easter dinner. The Ward Council planned it while Paul and I were visiting grandchildren. The Young Women decorated with pretty Spring flowers. Yummy stuff was eaten and there was beautiful music too. The Primary Children sang.

Here are the cupcakes our table decorated. The Young men passed them around with frosting and sprinkles.

At my table I heard someone say "We sure have a lot of good cooks in our Ward". Thanks to all who made it such a success. Since we no longer have an Activities Committee. We just signed up for what we wanted to bring.
It was also Elder Keeler's Birthday.

His days here in Walla Walla are numbered. He will be missed. I know his family, especially his twin brother will be happy to be together. Feliz Cupleanos, Elder Keeler...

'Preacher' Paul, my Dear Hubby, Bishop, and Father of our Ward said a few words to remind us of why we have Easter. Sorry his picture is blurry. Remembering the "Passover" and last days of Christ time on Earth. I'm grateful for the knowledge I have that he rose on the third day and we can worship a Living Christ. He Lives and because He lives, I have hope to see all those I loved who are no longer with us in Heaven. A place of "peace and rest" as the song my family sang once in Moses Lake 2nd Ward.
How did the YW make that backdrop? It's cool. Glad to hear about a fun ward event. =)
ReplyDelete