Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dancing under/on "Cloud 9"

I spent two days helping with the decorations at the Church for the Winter Dance for our Stake. Each year it is held around the time of Paul's Birthday and Valentine's Day. I was on the decorating Committee. We filled a lot of helium balloons. Tied them to a poster board -to make clouds with them. Oh, my aching back... The men came and helped Thursday Evening to string the lights across the cultural hall. This is how they looked Thursday night... On Friday morning when we got there the 'clouds' were a bit droopy. By the time we were ready to dance the clouds were below the lights. Brother Davis helped us to disguise the basketball hoop (a major detail, not to be forgotten). The band "Copious Notes" with Mark Gilbert played the Music for us. My Dear Hubby doesn't really like to dance. He goes along with it and will dance one slow dance every year or so. He had to get our heads in the center 'cloud' as we danced... He is kind and lets me get all dressed up and I get to choose his tie to match or at least not clash too much. Paul likes the 'food' best so I made some treats for that too. There was a lot of good and fancy foods to eat. This year we didn't have a Professional there with everything to have pictures taken... :( I heard a few others who were disappointed in that. Thanks, Keith and Tara for bringing your nice camera and taking a few snapshots. Tara used our camera to get this picture... I was looking forward to the Fireside more than the dance I have to admit. I grew up with Teresa (Sharp) Christensen (until she moved away in Jr High) in Moses Lake. She reminisced about some old songs from the 70's that had connections to the Theme "Cloud 9" and Marriage. Her Husband Mark spoke also. Paul commented... who would have thought that we would be in the same Stake all these years later. Life is funny that way. Everywhere we have moved we find connections to our youth and former Stakes we have lived in. We have met many good friends along the way to make life more enjoyable. The Fielding's dressed as Golda and Tevia from "Fiddler on the Roof" a sang the song, "Do You Love Me?" they also sang "My Cup Runneth Over With Love".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com